Saturday, August 15, 2015

The Power of Something New

A New Mirror
  Recently, I got the opportunity to buy a type of mirror that I have been wanting for well over 7 years. Next I will share with you the step by step process this flowed in and what the Lord revealed to me.

1st- My husband gave me his word of agreement that we could buy the mirror (yay!!).
2nd- I inquired of the store personnel about the dimensions of the mirror & proceeded to measure the trunk of our car with the backseats folded down. My findings? Not enough space available to carry it home.
3rd- Saddened by the fact that we had no truck or enough space in our cars, I lie down to sulk. My husband comes to me with some "don't give up" encouragement & then giving me the idea of asking my friend & neighbor (who owns a van) if she can help me with the delivery process.
4th- I contacted my friend & she responded almost immediately with a "yes" and was ready within an hour to help!
5th- We made the shopping trip and delivery together gaining fellowship time, exchanging stories and all.
6th- She was excited about my new mirror, thought it was beautiful & said I had great taste.
7th- The mirror was a little above & beyond my husband's expectations so his reaction was not near as positive. However, it didn't bother me much, I knew he'd see it's beauty after he got used to it. And he did.
8th- The result: The mirror literally changed the whole look of the room. Suddenly I saw the extreme potential of this room, wanting to clean & take care of this room like I hadn't done in years! Truly an inspirational effect!

Newness of Life
   Do you ever feel like you're in a slump, stuck in a rut and you just need a fresh new start? This culture we live in today is in love with the next new thing. Even some marriages end way too easily because couples are chasing after that feeling of starting a "new relationship." Sad but true, especially when kids are involved.
Having new things does feel great from time to time but the effect is usually short-lived. The reminder the Lord gave me was this story's uncanny correlation to the process of experiencing the new things God desires to give to us, which are far more satisfying than any material person, place or thing.

1st- Hearing God's word or His promise to us. 2nd Corinthians 1:20, Proverbs 23:23
2nd- Counting up the cost. What does it take to walk uprightly? Do I have what it takes?
Luke 14:28, Proverbs  31:16
3rd- Realizing we can never be good enough on our own - we need to call on our Friend Jesus to help us carry on. 
Proverbs 18:24, John 15:5
4th- Call upon the Name of Jesus - He is always ready & willing to help! 
Matthew 11:28, Isaiah 41:13, Psalm 145:18
5th- Getting to know Jesus more intimately by spending time with Him.
Proverbs 2:1-11, James 4:8, Jeremiah 33:3, Matthew 11:29
6th- Receive His approval & affirmation - He believes in you because He created you. Psalm 139:17-18, John 15:16, Isaiah 43:4
7th- Not everyone will react in a positive way when you decide to receive His gifts & walk in His ways. 1st Peter 4:12
8th- The result of receiving His new Life, new Covenant, new mercies, new Truth, new Ways, new wine, new passion & new Love has a profound effect in every area of your life. God's personality & ways are so vast you will never be able to know all of Him this side of eternity. He has something new for you to open from Him every single morning & it's His desire to inspire you each & every day in every way imaginable. He wants you to see yourself through His eyes - to have a new hope & outlook for your future. Receiving this newness of life will make you excited to do the work that needs to be done & you'll be amazed at how easy it seems.
That's the power of something new & He created that just for....you. 
Isaiah 43:19, Romans 6:4, Colossians 3:10, Ephesians 4:23-24, Revelation 21:5

DRFARMER(c)2015

1 comment: